Saturday, October 29, 2011

Guns don't kill people...

There have been a lot of good folks stop by since this little ol' blog began about four months ago.  I've become friends with some and even met a few of you... and it's nice to be in good company and know that there are still a lot of God fearin' and patriotic Americans out there.  I had joked with my main gal that if I hit 5,000 views before the end of the year, I'd make some t-shirts... well 5,000 views and a couple of dozen t-shirts went by faster than a moly-coated .300 Winchester Magnum.


The fall is now upon us, deer season is here for bows with gun season just around the corner, and I'm still enjoying blogging more than ever.  My gals get a chuckle out of me as I work at putting posts together.  I decided that there were a lot of great blogs doing original work, quick posts, and re-blogging of other stuff already... I wanted to write about what I enjoy... and that's what I do. 

So with that being said... and now that our local football season is over and the homecoming dance is done, I just thought I would provide a little safety reminder for those who might run across some father's gals... 

Guns don't kill people...


Fathers of teenage daughters kill people...

12 comments:

  1. GGGG, LOL! Congrats to you on the Blog and I ASSURE you my intententions are honorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time a teenager announces honorable intentions, you might as well load the buckshot, Dann. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read through you blog and really liked it! I just added it to my reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and thoughts Dann. I'm glad you're here.

    As for those boys. Whenever my daughter dated a boy for the first time I brought him into my den. Filled with my shooting irons, my Army momentos and police unifoirms and accoutrements. My stock phrase was always the same.
    "I love that girl more than life itself. I would be most displeased if she were to be hurt or unhappy."
    Worked every time. It's a father's duty to protect his children. Perhaps we can be forgiven for taking that charge seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Six... I like your style...

    @Balloon... Glad you stopped and looked around...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Congrats on the blog success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually just lurk (in a non-creepy way, of course. Usually.), but I do read your blog. Its nice to get a refreshing view on the world, and to know that, yes, there ARE other Christian gun-owners who aren't police or active-duty military. Hey, if y'all're ever down in the Dallas/FtWorth area, gimme a holler, we'll find some shootin' irons and poke holes in some paper! 'Cuz the paper had it comin'. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @North: I hadn't really thought about that... I just gave away the first batch...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, I needed the laugh and the memories. As a teen, a girlfriend's father showed me his guncase; I named each piece by make and model number. The next time I took his daughter out, he was working on a spear gun. Now that I have a beautiful daughter (step but I consider her MINE) I tell her mother that I am going to make sure that her future dates believe that I am mentally unstable, prone to violence and own guns. Of course raising your kids right will do more than any fear or threat to combat teenager hormones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. drat. i wanted a shirt.

    ReplyDelete