Saturday, October 8, 2011

Changing seasons in southern Ohio

We're having a late blast of summer weather around here.  The sun is out, the breeze is blowing, and the temperature is in the low 80s.  I think a Sunday afternoon motorcycle ride may be on the to do list tomorrow after church.  While there are better climates than what we have here in southern Ohio, the gals and I do enjoy the changing seasons each year.


The leaves are turning colors and the deer are on the move.  Bow season has begun, but it almost seems too warm to hunt whitetail this week... not that it stops us.  The farmers are getting anxious to get in the fields and begin the harvest.


The pumpkin trees are ripe for picking which is perfect timing with Halloween just around the corner.  Even Birchwood Casey is joining the scary season this year with their Darkotic Zombie targets... click the link... did you jump?


A local farmer has plenty of pumpkins for sale just waiting to be carved up or meet their demise at the business end of a 12 gauge shotgun.


Even the fall colors of football can be seen around the county as high school games light up Friday nights and even hopeful fans of the Bungles... er... uh... I mean Bengals... are showing their colors around these parts.


And of course some folks have even taken to creating their own ways of changing seasons in southern Ohio.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful country. I like southern Utah but I do miss the green and gold of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am about over this headcold so took a long drive yesterday with the window down just to take in everything. I think I had my head out the window more than Barkley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent photos. Autumn is my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete