Thursday, April 12, 2012

Doin' CCW Math... Because 1 + 1 = 38

There's a lot of talk by folks about many gun-related things in the national news these days, but one thing I like to keep an eye on is the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act.  I think it will be greatly affected by whoever is livin' in the big White House next year... and that whoever will also be affecting who's wearin' those nine black robes and makin' decisions over at SCOTUS.

While the anti-freedom and anti-gun folks want the federal government to control guns, they sure don't want the federal government to allow 'em.  My Ohio Driver License with Motorcycle Endorsement is good in all fifty states, why not my concealed carry license?


So in the place of common sense, I thought some CCW math might interest ya'll.  As an Ohio resident, I have an Ohio License to Carry a Concealed Handgun (OLCCH).  The State of Ohio has reciprocity agreements with twenty-three states.  There are an additional eight states that recognize Ohio's license, but Ohio doesn't recognize their licenses.  So one equals thirty-one... got that?

I also have a New Hampshire Non-Resident Pistol/Revolver License (NHNRPRL)... where did that CCW acronym come from anyway?  This license is good in twenty-five states, and when combined with my Ohio license... I can now exercise my second amendment rights and God-given freedom to protect myself and my gals in thirty-seven states.

Now I am in the process of applying for a non-resident Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm Permit (FCWFP).  The Florida permit is good for thirty-five states, and when combined with my Ohio license... I'm good and legal to protect myself and my family in thirty-eight of the fifty states in the great country.

So... 1 + 1 + 1 = 38

Truthfully, I probably won't renew my New Hampshire license after it expires.  I originally chose it over Florida because New Hampshire was only charging twenty bucks at the time, but my last renewal jumped up to an even Franklin C-note.  Florida charges non-residents one-hundred and seventeen Washington's... so that's why I'm applying in the Sunshine State... simple CCW math... right?

Now if this is all a bit confusing and the ol' abacus isn't figuring out... or your shoes are off and you can't get past twenty... you might want to check out Handgunlaw.us to help you figure out your CCW math. 

And that's why I'm... Doin' CCW Math... Because 1 + 1 = 38

1 comment:

  1. A lot of people don't know you don't have to be a Florida resident to get a permit. I's also good for 7 years, works out less than $10 per year and can be renewed by mail. You never have to retake a qualification test.

    ReplyDelete